In this week’s eSkeptic:
- Our Next Science Lecture: Western Science Meets Tibetan Buddhism
- Particle Fever: Unravel the Mysteries of the Large Hadron Collider
- Skepticality: America’s Imaginary Hostage Crisis
- The Latest Episode now available: Mr. Deity and the Killing
- Lecture/Debate: The Believing Brain / Debate: Evolution vs. ID
- Our Next Geology Tour: Grand Canyon, Zion & Bryce (Jun. 13–20, 2014)
We are incredibly pleased to announce that Skepticality—The Official Podcast of Skeptic Magazine is the winner of the Ockham’s Razor Award for Best Podcast 2014!
SKEPTICALITY EPISODE 229
This week Derek talks with author Andrew Endersby about his newest book, America’s Imaginary Hostage Crisis. In 1979 a group of Iranian students invaded and occupied the US Embassy in Tehran. The United States military decided the best way to try to deal with the event was to use a group of newly ‘trained’ psychics using remote viewing to determine what was going on within the walls of the embassy. Now that the actual papers are available, which detail what the remote viewers actually reported, how accurate were they, really?