In this week’s eSkeptic:
- Junior Skeptic # 50: Carl Sagan: Scientist, Skeptic, Teacher, Explorer
- COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey: Premieres March 9, 2014 on FOX
- Feature: A Voyager in the Cosmos: An Interview with Ann Dryuan
- Lectures: Rebecca Goldstein Jun. 8 (JUST ADDED!) & Gregory Clark Mar. 16.
- Rent a Science Lecture: Bill Nye: The Future of Science, Tech & Education
About this week’s eSkeptic
The PBS broadcast of Carl Sagan’s 13-part documentary, Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, was one of the most watched series in the history of American public television. The soon-to-be-released sequel, Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey (see above), written, executively produced and directed by Ann Druyan, premieres Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 9pm/10pm ET/PT on FOX. In light of the rebirth of this stellar production, we present to you, in this week’s eSkeptic, an interview with Ann Druyan conducted by Michael Shermer in 2007, which appeared in Skeptic magazine issue 13.1—our tribute issue to Carl Sagan. There are several tribute articles to Carl Sagan that you can read for free on skeptic.com, listed in the table of contents for that issue. Issue 13.1 is available in digital format only via the Skeptic Magazine App.