We produce educational materials
for young people.
Our flagship effort for young people is Junior Skeptic magazine, crafted by editor Daniel Loxton, whose beautifully illustrated multi-award-winning book Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be continues to be a bestseller. Junior Skeptic magazine, bound within every issue of Skeptic magazine, is the skeptical movement’s most sustained and substantial educational outreach project for children— and it needs your support. Help share that rare and beautiful tradition of scientific skepticism with a new generation of skeptics.
We offer educational adventures!
Led by geologist and paleontologist Dr. Donald R. Prothero, our often multi-day tours and excursions take you to some of the best geologic wonders in the United States. Visit some of the richest dinosaur-bearing deposits in the world, and collect amazing trilobites. Decipher the geologic story behind the amazing scenery at Zion, Bryce, and Capitol Reef National Parks, Death Valley, Kelso Dunes, the Great Basin, Redrock Canyon and more. Along the way, we stop frequently to learn about the rocks beneath our feet, or gaze over breathtaking scenic vistas that tell a remarkable story. Be among the first to hear about our next geotour!
We make college and university-level courses available to everyone.
Over the past three years we have built up an extensive Skeptical Studies Curriculum Resource Center at skeptic.com that we call Skepticism 101. It is designed to be used in any classroom anywhere in the world, from middle school to universities. It includes free for the downloading resources such as: reading lists, course syllabi, in-class exercises, videos, PowerPoint/Keynote presentations, YouTube links, and educational and entertaining demonstrations that illustrate key points of skeptical thinking. Your donations help us to continue expanding this resource center, helping to teach people not what to think, but how to think.
We fit in your pocket.
Skeptic magazine (every issue of which includes Junior Skeptic magazine) is available in both paper and digital versions in their entirety for your favourite handheld tablet or phone, as well as your PC or Mac computer! We also have apps for our two podcasts: Skepticality and MonsterTalk.
We continue to expand and improve
our website: skeptic.com.
We keep you informed.
In addition to our website and magazine, as well as seeing you at University and college lectures around the world, we keep you informed through many other platforms:
- media interviews on national TV, radio and articles in national print: opinion editorials, commentaries, and reviews
- eSkeptic: our free, weekly email newsletter, brings you awesome articles, book reviews, podcasts, announcements and commentaries. If you don’t already get it, subscribe to it for free right now!
- Michael Shermer’s Scientific American “Skeptic” column
- Skepticblog: a collaboration among some of the most recognized names in promoting science, critical thinking, and skepticism including. Regular bloggers include: Brian Dunning, Daniel Loxton, Donald Prothero, Mark Edward, Michael Shermer, and Steven Novella.
- Follow us on Google+
- Follow our Facebook pages for Skeptic, Junior Skeptic, and Michael Shermer
- Follow Michael Shermer and Daniel Loxton on Twitter — one of the fastest, most responsive platforms for skeptical updates.